A recruiter on LinkedIn contact me. His outfit was trying to place somebody into contract QA for Apple.
I found your resume online as I have some QA Engineer opportunity that you maybe interested in. We are seeking seasoned QA candidates like yourself for my client Apple in Cupertino. Below you will find the job description for your reference.If you are still available and looking for a new position, please indicate your interest by forwarding your updated resume and the best times to reach you.Thanks for your time.
Xcode QA Engineer – Apple (w-2 Contract)
Our client is seeking a QA engineer responsible for testing the quality of the Xcode Tools releases as a whole. As part of the integration team you will test performance, integration points, overall user experience and overall quality. Our team is the public face of testing for the Mac OS X Developer Tools. We coordinate the qualification effort of the various developer tools teams, and contribute to the qualification efforts in other groups at Apple. This position requires a self-motivated individual with strong technical skills who can contribute in a dynamic team environment. The successful candidate will plan and design test cases and ensure the successful delivery of a quality product.
Required skills include:
– Some programming background in C-based languages.
– Comfort in a unix environment.
– Experience in test automation
– QA experience on a shipping product.
– Understanding of how the various components of a development environment work.
– Software development experience, particularly using IDEs such as Xcode or Visual Studio. – AppleScript, perl, ruby, python, or tcl experience.
– UNIX shell scripting experience
– QA experience on a GUI project.
– Understanding of source-code control systems.
– Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
So, that’s funny. I wrote that job description in 2005, 5 years earlier. I guess they were recycling it!