The email started with:
I saw your resume on hotjobs today and invite you to have a look at the attached job description this is with a world leader in their field.
Benefits package includes:
- Four weeks’ paid vacation after your first year;
- 11 paid public holidays for a total of 31 days of paid off from work;
- Medical insurance coverage subsidised for you and your family at after a certain period of time…
etc. It goes on:
Are you able and willing to commit at least five years to your future NZ employer? Or perhaps you could end up liking NZ so much that you decide to apply for residency and stay longer?
New Zealand! Wow! Sounds awesome! Let’s see what the job is!
- posting: #06-113
- Salary: NZ$60000-75000 NZ/DOE/DOQ
- Title: Test Team Lead – P25 Protocol Stack TCP/IP Digital Communications
Oh. A much lower-paying QA position. For five years. For tech I knew nothing about. The time-off and medical expenses are nice, but still…